Beach Baby

Beach Baby

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Reliving my band days...




Well, I said I would never have a blog but I have changed my mind of course. Last night I closed a chapter in my life. I started playing the saxophone in the fifth grade and played through my third year in college. I was given a music scholarship to go to Georgia College and State University and studied there to be a nurse. I love music and had a wonderful time playing the sax for eleven years. I stopped playing after I entered into the nursing program. This year I heard that the GC&SU Jazz band was having a concert and reluctantly decided to go to the first of three practices. Most of it came back to me, including a cracked lip. We played last night in Russell and also honored Dr. Todd Shiver who after twenty years will be leaving the music program at Georgia College to go to Central Washington University. I feel I have played for my last time and it was magical. I know I didn't play as well as my last year in college but it was fun none the less.

6 comments:

  1. You looked and performed great, honey!
    -Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I'm your first follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great seeing you up there! I hope that you'll do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blog looks great, it's your first to write, and my first to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanna, you were great at the band concert and after missing so many while living overseas, we counted it a priveledge to be there!

    Thank you too for your sweet words! I love you so very much and thank God for the great joy of living near your family. Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete